b. What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site;
c. Who collects such information;
d. How such information is used;
e. With whom your information may be shared;
f. What choices you have regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information;
g. What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control; and
h. How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
1. What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.
2. Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
3. Use of “Cookies”:
All information provided to Reserve Officers Association is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Reserve Officers Association. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Reserve Officers Association will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. Reserve Officers Association stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
ROA (“us,” “we” or “our”) has implemented this Web Site Linking Policy (“Linking Policy”) in order to answer questions regarding links to (inbound) and from (outbound) our Web Site (“Site”).
1. Outbound Linking Policy: Links displayed on our Site, including hyperlinks, buttons, or referral devices of any kind, are offered solely as a service to our visitors and members, and we are not responsible for the content of any of the pages to which you may be directed. The presence of a link should not be construed to mean that the site has an affiliation with ROA, nor should it be construed to mean that we endorse, recommend, or certify its contents or providers.
Links displayed on our Site may be reviewed for inappropriate content prior to and after their initial postings, and we reserve the right to remove any link from our Site which we determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, contains “Inappropriate Content”. Inappropriate Content includes, but is not limited to, any words, items, or graphics of an offensive, lewd, or suggestive nature; material that is in violation of Federal, State, or Local laws; or material which harms or impugns the image, reputation, or goodwill of ROA or any of its members. We encourage you to contact us if you feel inappropriate content is being displayed on a linked site.
2. Eligibility for Outbound Links: Eligibility for an outbound link on our Site may be limited to members of ROA and preferred providers. We reserve the right to establish terms and conditions for placing a link on our Site, and we will determine the location and placement of all links on the Site. Requests to establish or remove a link should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Inbound Linking Policy: We welcome links to our Site, subject to the following terms and conditions:
a. Links are restricted to our home page: http://www.roa.org.
b. Links may not trap our Site or alter it in any way.
c. If a graphic is used, it must only be an authorized linking graphic ROA logo, graphic banner, and/or domain name.
d. Content on a linked site must not harm or damage ROA or any of its members in any way.
e. Content on a linked site must not imply that materials from our Site are maintained within the linked site.
f. If we notify you to remove a link to our Site, you will do so immediately.
4. Limited Permission to Use ROA’s Graphic Banner or Domain Name: We grant non-exclusive, limited permission to the owner of any Web Site which places a link on its site to our Site, to display our graphic banner and/or domain name for the purpose of providing a link between its Site and our Site. Links to our Site other than a text link containing our domain name or a link containing the ROA graphic banner are prohibited.
Use of ROA’s graphic banner and/or domain name for any purpose other than displaying a link to our Site is prohibited.
We reserve the right to cancel our limited permission to use ROA’s graphic banner and/or domain name for Web Site linking purposes at any time for any reason, or for no reason. Upon receipt of cancellation notice, all use of our graphic banner and/or domain name must immediately cease and the links to our Site must be terminated.
5. Use of ROA’s Logo to Provide a Link: ROA’s logo may be displayed for purposes of providing a link to our Site only with our express written permission. If you wish to display our logo, please submit your request to the ROA Web Master at the address listed below. If we give you permission to use our logo, its use will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Linking Policy which govern the use of our graphic banner and domain name.
6. Agreement to Comply with ROA’s Linking Policy: Your display of ROA’s graphic banner and/or domain name on your Web Site constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Linking Policy. This Linking Policy may be revised or changed by us at any time, which revisions or changes will become effective when posted on our Site as part of this Linking Policy.
Contacting the Web Site:
If you have any questions about these Policies, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, you can contact:
Reserve Officers Association
One Constitution Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002-5618
Toll-Free Telephone: 202-646-7755
By email to: email@example.com